Riverside County Courthouse
Riverside's original courthouse was rented space on the ground floor of a downtown hotel until a 1902 bond measure for construction of a monumental new courthouse won voter approval. Modeled on the Grand Palais in Paris, the building occupies nearly a full block and reflects Riverside's turn-of-the-century status as one of the state's wealthiest counties. After sustaining minor damage in previous earthquakes, in 1994 the building was vacated following the Northridge quake. Riverside's landmark was restored with funds from court filing fees and rededicated in October 1998.
Courtesy Historical Library, First American Title Insurance, Santa Ana
Slide Shows | Alphabetical List