Nevada County Courthouse
The first courthouse on this site in Nevada City was built in 1856, damaged by fire the same year, and then rebuilt. When fire again damaged the courthouse in 1863, a new courthouse was built on the same site. The lobby of the building, which was extensively remodeled in the 1930s and given an Art Deco façade, houses a collection of photographs of the courthouse as well as other exhibits. It remains in use.
Courtesy California State Library
Slide Shows | Alphabetical List