Kings County Courthouse
King's County was not officially incorporated until 1893, when it broke away from Tulare and established a county seat in Hanford. For years county offices were spread around the town, with the courts operating out of the Opera House, until supervisors approved plans for a courthouse "in granite stone [with] terra cotta trimmings and the sum of $26,000." The courts and other county offices occupied the Neoclassical Romanesque building until a new government center was constructed in 1977. The building, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is now used for offices, retail shops, and restaurants.
Courtesy Dave Rantz Custom Photography
Slide Shows | Alphabetical List