Colusa County Courthouse
Colusa's courthouse has served continuously as the seat of justice and government in the county since 1861 and is one of California's oldest working courthouses. Five of the six lots for the courthouse site were donated by Colonel Charles D. Semple, who erroneously expected that county supervisors would forgive his tax bill in exchange for the gift. In the entrance hall of the Classical Revival building stands a statue of George Washington, a gift to the county recognizing the donations of local citizens to the construction fund for the Washington Monument in the nation's capital.
Courtesy Meriam Library, California State University, Chico, and Thelma White
Slide Shows | Alphabetical List