San Luis Obispo County Courthouse
San Luis Obispo officials agreed to construct a new courthouse after the district attorney pronounced the adobe used for county business since 1851 "a marvel of repulsiveness, and the courtroom with its wretched appointment a disgrace to the county." This classic Greek Revival building (shown during a Fourth of July celebration) was welcomed by new residents as a break from the colonial past and became the center of the growing town. The courthouse was demolished in 1940.
Courtesy San Luis Obispo Historical Museum and State Bar of California
Slide Shows | Alphabetical List