Alpine County Courthouse
Originally part of the Territory of Utah and then the Territory of Nevada, Alpine was recognized as part of California following an 1863 survey of state boundaries. Alpine's first county seat, Silver Mountain City, was abandoned in 1873 after the demonetization of silver, and the county government moved to Markleeville. This building, originally the Odd Fellows Hall, was used as the courthouse until 1928, when the courts moved to a more modern facility.
Courtesy California State Museum
Slide Shows | Alphabetical List